According to Wikipedia, the traditional Señorita Panamá pageant changed its name to Realmente Bella and was shown in a reality show format in 2008. 10 girls lived together in a hotel and each week one of them was dismissed. The winner competed at the Miss Universe 2008 contest in Vietnam. The winner in 2008 was a goddess beauty Carolina Dementiev.
In 2009, the reality show will take place again, electing winners for Miss Universe and Miss World. 25 girls will be chosen and then cut to 10, who will live together during six weeks. Four will reach the final and two of them will be crowned.
A group pic for Realmente Bella Señorita Panamá 2009:
Here are some of my picks for 2009 edition:
1. Lidia Mcnulty, 19, 170cm, Hometown: Los Santos
2. Diana Broce, 22, 170cm, Hometown: Los Santos
She won "Reina de Calle Abajo de Las Tablas" in 2006
3. Stephanie Thomson, 18, 171cm, Hometown: Panama City
4. Aylin Delgado, 18, 172cm, Hometown: Panama City
5. Nadege Herrera, 22, 182cm, Hometown: Panama City
6. Alicia Durán, 18, 178cm, Hometown: Colón
Señorita Panamá 2008, Carolina Dementiev, is one of the judges for this year's pageant.
4 years ago